Monday, December 10, 2012

It's all about the bread! the loaf!

Posted by Misz JeYn at 8:28 AM
Just imagine by looking those actors / actress eating french bread in one movie, all you can do is swallowing your saliva with a very intense moment of craving! That is one of the reason why I love about Paris. French bread is one of everyone favorite things ever. It is so simple yet complex, crusty yet chewy, and super delicious! 

Well some people always ask "How do we serve this bread"

I myself was searching the ideas around the internet and found these great ideas:



1. By itself: So simple and delicious! This may make me sound like a freak, but my favorite part of bread is actually the crust. Whenever I get a loaf of bread, I always attack the ends. Chewy middles are a distant second in my opinion. So the high crust-to-innard ratio of baguettes is a huge plus to me!

2. With butter: Still very simple and oh, so decadent. I think it might be especially yummy if you can get butter from dairy farmers who make small batches of unhomogenized and sometimes, unpasteurized butter.

3. With butter and jam: To further bring your taste buds nearer to nirvana, add jam to #2. Not jelly please no! But J-A-M. My current favorite is this awesomely flavorful blackberry jam from Trader Joe's. I just ran out but I'm hoping it's not just a seasonal item...

4. With butter and roasted garlic cloves sheared on top. Now, THIS is sheer heaven!




5. As part of a bánh mì: If you haven't tried one of these yummy sammie, you have to try one right now. And I mean, go to a pho place right NOW! Banh mi is a Vietnamese-style sandwich made with baguettes. It is usually made with pork, chicken, pickled carrots, some veggies and cilantro.

6. With chocolate: As exemplified by fellow DBer Tartelette here.

7. With extra virgin olive oil as dip: Droooooolz!

8. With cheese of all kinds: goat, brie, blue, Cheddar. Oh, the possibilities are endless!

9. With Nutella: I suppose Nutella could be considered chocolate. But I think Nutella is just so good it deserves its own category. I really think the USDA should really reserve a place for this delicious hazelnutty chocolatey goodness in the food pyramid. Don't you?

10. As crostini: Sliced thinly, toasted and topped with various yummies like chopped tomato and basil, garlic hummus and pine nuts, roasted tomato puree and sliced mozzarella, etc.

11. For croutons: I've never been a fan of croutons and consider this one to be a bit of a waste of good bread. But hey, I'm sure there are folks out there who beg to differ and can't live without croutons...

credited to food diva :)

Here some pictures for you readers to enjoy! :-


*Garlic Parsley Butter Bread*

Garlic bread:-

Roasted garlic bread:-

Great garlic bread:-

Garlic parmesan monkey bread:-

Herb garlic bread:-


Cheesy garlic bread:-

Crispy yogurt chicken:- 

and there's lot more! Stay tune I might share the recipe's too! <3

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Enjoy some instrumental french music!


C'est L'Amour is a Romantic French Classics, which mean "This is Love" :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Mon Amour, PARIS! Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos